the results are in….

9 Sep

And I’m not too sure about it. It was definitely a learning experience, that’s for sure. What I learned was that I don’t need to let the fabric sit for 24 hours. Man did the dyes ever saturate. I also applied the dye directly, as opposed to immersing it so, I’m sure that’ll make a difference when I do it again. That and the black looks like green – not what I was going for. IMG_3621

More experimentation is definitely needed and I’m not discouraged. The samples that I did still turned out pretty cool so, I’ll sew those into something. What’s next in this department is to play with making my own natural dyes as well as playing with how long to let the stuff soak.  I can see it all coming together in my head, it’s just getting there will be there interesting part – not to mention messy!!!

Oh, and my hands aren’t blue anymore!

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: